Ze'nan (Heb. Tsenan', צנָן, pointed, if this be the proper form of the name; Sept. Σεννάμ, v.r. Σεννά; Vulg. Sanan), a town in the lowland district of Judah (Jos 15:37), where it is named before Hadashah and Migdal-gad in the western group of the tribe. SEE JUDAH. Accordingly, a few miles south of the present Mejdel is a small village called Jenn, which is probably the modern representative of Zenan. It is generally supposed that Zenan is the same place which the prophet Micah calls Zaanan (1, 11; see Reland, Palcesto p. 1058; Keil and Delitzsch, On Joshua 15:37). Knobel supposes this last to be identical with: the ruin of esSenat, near Belt Jibrin (Tobler, Dritte Wanderung, p. 124). Schwarz (Palest. p. 103) proposes to identify Zenan with "the village Zan-abra, situated two and a half English miles south-east of Mareshah." By this he doubtless intends the place which iln the lists of Robinson (Bibl. Res. [1st ed.], vol. 3, app. p. 117) is called es-Sendbirah, and in Tobler's Dritte Wanderung (p. 149), es- Sennd2bereh. The latter traveler in his map places it about two and a half miles due east of Marash (Maresha). But both these latter identifications are more than doubtful.