Hamilton, David a Scotch prelate, was bishop of Argyle in 1506. He was witness to the grant which James, earl of Arran, made to James Hamilton, his son, of the lands of Finnart, in 1507. He also held in commendam the two abbeys of Dryburgh and Glenluce, and obtained the abbey of Sandal, in Kintyre, to be annexed to his episcopal see. He was still bishop in 1520. See Keith, Scottish Bishops, page 289.