Hamilton, Alfred, Dd
Hamilton, Alfred, D.D.
a Presbyterian minister, was born at Culpepper Court-House, Virginia, May 1, 1805. He was educated at Jefferson College, Pennsylvania, graduated from the Western Theological Seminary, Allegheny, in 1830; was licensed by the Ohio Presbytery, and commissioned by the Board of Domestic Missions to make a tour through Ohio, Kentucky, and Tennessee. In 1835 he accepted a call to the old church of Fagg's Manor, Chester County, Pennsylvania, in New Castle Presbytery, where he remained for twenty-three years as pastor. He died in Chicago, Illinois, September 13, 1867. He was for some years associate editor of the Northwestern Presbyterian. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1868, page 103.