Cogan Thomas, Md
Cogan Thomas, M.D., an English Unitarian writer, was born at Rowell, Northamptonshire, in 1736. He officiated for some time as a Presbyterian minister at Amsterdam, but finally studied medicine, and practiced in London. He died in 1818. He published
(1) A Treatise on the Passions (Bath, 1802, 8vo; and 2d part, Bath, 1807-10):—
(2) Theological Disquisitions on Natural Religion and Jewish Morals (Lond. 1812, 8vo): —
(3) Characteristic Excellencies of Christianity (Lond. 1813, 8vo): —
(4) Letters to Wilberforce, on the Doctrine of Hereditary Depravity (Lond. 1815, 8vo): —
(5) Ethical Questions (Lond. 1817, 8vo). — Darling, Cyclopaedia Bibliographica, 1:714.