Carlisle, Hugh a Presbyterian minister, was probably a native of Ireland, and was admitted into the New Castle Presbytery, Penn., before September, 1735. At this time Newton and Plumstead, in Bucks Co., secured his services, and he joined the Philadelphia Presbytery in 1736. He was sent in November of that year to supply Amwell and Bethlehem, in Penn. In 1738 he went into the bounds of Lewes Presbytery, Del., and was still a member in 1742; later his name is not seen. See Webster, Hist. of the Presb. Church in America.