Brewster, Henry an English Congregational minister, was born at Starston, Norfolk, September 14, 1813. Some time from 1831 to 1834 he joined the Church at Wortwell, in Norfolk. In November 1834, giving up his school at Starston, he entered as a student in the Borough-road School; and in March 1835, he was sent to Farnham, Surrey, to commence a British school ini that town. Two days after his arrival here he preached his first sermon. In August 1841, he went to Chumleigh, Devonshire, where he remained only a few days, but this visit resulted in his settlement as a home missionary, under the auspices of the Somerset Association. His sphere of labor was the villages of Stowey and Cannington, near Bridgewater. Here lie labored assiduously, but with little success. Subsequently he proceeded to Milborne Port to establish a day-school in connection with the Independent Church. Soon afterwards the Reverend J. Gay, of Cheriton, engaged him as his assistant; on Mr. Gay's resignation Mr. Brewster became pastor, and was ordained at Cheriton, May 16, 1848. He died there, September 28, 1852. "Mr. Brewster was a man of great reserve, great attainments, ands great piety." See (Lond.) Cong. Year-book, 1853, page 206.