Alan a Scottish prelate, was elected to the see OF ARGYLE in 1250, and was also bishop in 1253, when he ratified to the monks of Paisle the donation of the Church of Kilfinan. He confirmed a Church in Kintyre to the abbey of Paisley. He was bishop, here in 1261, and was contemporary with William, bishop of St. Andrews. He died in 1262. See Keith, Scottish Bishops, p. 286.