A'bel-cera'mim (Heb. Abel' Keramnim', כּרָמַים אָבֵל, meadow of vineyards; Sept. Α᾿βὲλ ἀμπελώνων; Vulg. Abel quas est vineis consita; Auth. Vers. "plain of the vineyards"), a village of the Ammonites whither the victorious Jephthah pursued their invading forces with great slaughter; situate, apparently, between Aroer and Minnith (Jg 11:33). According to Eusebins (Onomast. ῎Αβελ), it was still a place rich in vineyards, 6 (Jerome 7) Roman miles from Philadelphia or Rabbath-Ammon; probably in a south- westerly direction, and perhaps at the present ruins Merj (meadow) Ekkeh. The other "wine-bearing" village Abel mentioned by Eusebius, 12 R. miles E. of Gadara, is probably the modern Abil (Ritter, Erdk. 15:1058); but cannot be the place in question, as it lies north of Gilead, which Jephthah passed through on his way south from Manasseh by the way of the Upper Jordan. SEE ABILA.