(CODEX GUELPHER B-TANUS) is the name given to two palimpsest fragments (A and B) of the Greek Testament (usually designated as P and Q of the Gospels), which were discovered by Knittel in the ducal library at Wolfenbüttel, Brunswick, under the more modern writings of Isidore of Seville. He published the whole in 1762, and Tischendorf more accurately in vol. 3 of his Monumnenta Sacra Inedita (1860). The volume of which they are a part (called the Codex Carolinus) seems to have been once at Bobbio, and has been traced from Mayence and Prague, till it was bought by a duke of Brunswick in 1689. Codex P contains, on 43 leaves, 31 fragments of 486 verses from all four evangelists; Codex Q, on 13 leaves, 12 fragments of 235 verses from Luke and John. A few portions, once written in vermilion, have quite departed. They belong to the 5th or 6th century. Both are written in two columns, the uncials being bold, those of Q considerably smaller. The capitals in P are large and frequent, and both have the Ammonian sections without the canons of Eusebius. See Scrivener, Introd. p. 113; Tregelles, in Horne's Introd. 4:179. SEE MANUSCRIPTS.