Weisz, George a pioneer of the German Reformed Church in Ohio. He was born in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, June 21, 1793. He served as a volunteer in the War of 1812, and was appointed quartermaster. He began his theological studies with Reverend Isaac Gerhart and finished with Reverend Dr. Samuel Helfenstein in Philadelphia. In 1816 he was appointed by the Synod of the German Reformed Church as an exploring missionary to Ohio. In 1817 he settled permanently in Lancaster, Ohio, extending his missionary labors over four counties. Ie. laid the foundation of numerous flourishing churches, being in labors abundant to the end of his life. He died in peace, March 10, 1859. He has a son in the ministry.