Walton (Called Moustern), John
Walton (called Moustern), John an Irish prelate, was the eighteenth abbot of Osney, near Oxford, to the government of which house he was appointed in 1452. From this abbacy he was advanced to the archbishopric of Dublin, consecrated in England, and invested with the pall in 1472. He did not receive formal restitution of the temporalities of his see until 1477. In 1478 this prelate annexed the perpetual vicarage of St. Kevin to his choral vicar of the prebend of Cullen. He resigned in 1484. See D'Alton, Memoirs of the Archbishops of Dublin, page 166.