Virgins of Love
Virgins of Love is a benevolent society of the Roman Catholic Church, founded by a noble French lady, Louise de Marillac le Gras, and approved by Clement IX in 1660. They are under the counsel and patronage of the Priests of the Missions, and it is their duty to minister to the indigent in sickness. They are also called Daughters of Charity. See Gobillon, Vie de Madame le Gras (Paris, 1676); Mosheim, Hist. of the Church, bk. 4, cent. 17 § 2, pt. 1, ch. 1.