(Τρωγύλλιον, the rocky extremity of the ridge of Mycale, which is called- thus in the New Test. (Ac 20:15) and by Ptolemy (5, 2), and Trogilium (Τρωγίλιον) by Strabo (14, 636). It is directly opposite Samos (q.v.). The channel is extremely narrow. Strabo (loc. cit.) makes it about a mile broad, and this' is confirmed by the Admiralty charts (1530 and 1555). Paul sailed through this channel on his way to Jerusalem at the close of his third missionary journey. (Ac 20:15). The navigation of this coast is intricate; and it can be gathered from ver. 6, with subsequent notices of the days spent on the voyage, that it was the time of dark moon. Thus the night was spent at Trogyllium. It is interesting to observe that a little to the east of the extreme point there is an anchorage which is still called St. Paul's Port. Pliny refers to three small islands lying about Trogyllium, and names them Sandalion, Psilon, and Argennon (Hist. Nat. 5, 37). The port where Paul anchored is generally considered to be that sheltered by Sandalion; but the port now known as the Port of St. Paul is that protected by the island of Nero, the ancient Argennon (Lewin, St. Paul, 2, 89). SEE PAUL.