Tilton, David a Congregational minister, was born at Gilmanton, N. H., July 6,1806. He studied theology one year in private, and one year at the Andover Theological Seminary, and was ordained, Oct. 14, 1855, over the Congregational Church in Edgartown (Martha's Vineyard), Mass., where he remained three years. 'He was installed, Aug. 12, 1840, pastor of the Congregational Church in Lanesville, Gloucester, Mass., but in the spring of 1850 he removed to North Chelsea, Mass., and was employed as a canvassing agent for the (Congregationalist, and for various publishing houses. In 1862 he removed to Woburn, Mass., where he died, Feb. 10,1869. See Obituary Record, Yale College, 1869.