Theberath, Charles S, Dd
Theberath, Charles S., D.D.
a Presbyterian minister, was born in one of the Rhenish provinces of Prussia in 1807. He came to America in 1840, and settled in New York city, where he founded a Sunday-school in the fifteenth ward, from which sprang the Second German Presbyterian Church. He was the first pastor of this church, where he labored successfully several years. Receiving a call from the German Presbyterian Church of Paterson, N.J., he accepted the same, and remained four years. After this he took charge of a missionschool in Albany, N.Y., where he continued until his health failed, when he resigned and removed to Newark, N.J., where he died, October 8, 1882. (W.P.S.)