Talbot, Richard an Irish prelate, was collated to the precentorship of Hereford in 1407, and in 1416 was elected to the primacy of Armagh. In 1417 he was consecrated archbishop of the see of Dublin. In 1423 he was lord justice, and subsequently lord chancellor of Ireland, and in 1424 had a grant for all his services of all the estates of Matthew St. John, deceased. He was at the same time constituted justice and guardian of the peace in the county of Dublin. In 1426 he reduced the proxies that were formerly paid by the prior and convent of the Holy Trinity to the archbishops of Dublin, from five marks to two and a half, which concession pope Eugenius afterwards confirmed. He was again constituted lord chancellor in 1428. In 1432 he established a chantry in St. Michael's Church, which, from being a chapel, he constituted parochial, arid likewise founded the chantry of St. Anne in St. Audeon's Church, for the maintenance of six priests to pray for the king, the founder, and, their successors. In 1443 he was elected archbishop of Armagh, but refused the dignity. In 1445 he was a fourth time lord deputy of Ireland, and in 1447 was appointed deputy to the earl of Ormond, viceroy of Ireland. He died August 15, 1449. See D'Alton, Memoirs of the Archbishops of Dublin, page 153.