Stevens, Solomon, a Presbyterian minister, was born at Cavendish, Vt., Sept. 5, 1795. He graduated at Middlebury College, Vt., in 1821; studied theology at Auburn, N.Y.; was licensed and ordained by the Cayuga Presbytery about the year 1824. He labored for fifteen years in different places in Tompkins and Genesee counties, N.Y., where his labors were blessed with several revivals of religion. In 1840 he went to Ohio, spent some time in Cuyahoga and Huron counties, and was installed at Newton Falls, Trumbull Co., in 1843; in 1850 he removed to Michigan, labored in several places in that state, and was installed pastor of the Church in Somerset, Hillsdale Co.; in 1859 he returned to Ohio, and preached for his former charge at Newton Falls until his death, June 7, 1861; See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1862, p. 197.