Shicron is thought by Tristram (Bible Places, page 34) to be the modern Zernuka, which lies two and a half miles north-east of Yebnah (Jabneh), and is "a large mud village, with cactus hedges around it, and wells in the gardens" (Memoirs to Ordnance Survey, 2:414). Lieut. Conder suggests (Quar. Statement of "Pal. Explor. Fund," October 1876, page 170, note) that it may be the Khurbet Sukereir, a small ruined khan, near the river of the same name, four and a half miles south-west of Yebnah, and exhibiting traces of a cistern, a reservoir, a viaduct, and a canal (Memoirs, 2:425).