Sha'phat (Heb. Shaphat', שָׁפָט, judge; Sept. Σαφάτ, v.r. Σωφάτ, Σαφάθ, etc.), the name of five men.
1. The son of Hori and spy from the tribe of Simeon on the first exploration of Canaan (Nu 13:5). B.C. 1657.
2. A son of Adlai, who had charge of king David's herds in the valleys (1Ch 27:29). B.C. cir. 1020.
3. The father of Elisha the prophet (1Ki 19:16,19; 2Ki 3:11; 2Ki 6:31). B.C. ante 900.
4. A Gadite who dwelt in Bashan in Jotham's time (1Ch 5:12). B.C. cir. 750.
5. One of the descendants of king David, through the royal line (1Ch 3:22). He seems to have lived as late as B.C. 350, for he was the brother of Neariah (q.v.).