Russell, Andrew, Dd
Russell, Andrew, D.D.
a Scotch Congregational minister, was born at Winchburgh, Linlithgowshire, November 1, 1807. He was educated in letters at the University of Edinburgh, and in theology at the Glasgow Theological Academy. He was ordained pastor at Haddington in 1833, where he labored some eight years; next at Princes Street Chapel, Dundee, four years. The state of his health at this time requiring a change of climate, he removed to Stirling, where he enjoyed a long and successful pastorate. From Stirling he went to Bradford, Yorkshire, in 1859, and for some years took pastoral charge of the Chapel at Lister Hill's. During the last twelve and a half years of his life he was pastor of the Church at Holme Lane, Bradford. He died June 19, 1881, having filled with great honor several denominational offices. See (Lond.) Cong. Year-book, 1882, page 329.