Roney, Moses, a minister of the Reformed Presbyterian Church, was born in Washington County, Pa., Sept. 20, 1804. In his fourteenth year he entered the grammar school of Jefferson College, and graduated from the college in 1823. He spent some time in teaching in Baltimore, and then pursued his studies under Dr. Wilson, receiving his license June 8, 1829. He was ordained and installed pastor in Newburgh, N Y., June 8, 1830. In the great controversy concerning the relations of the Church to the authorities of the United States he opposed the proposed changes. In 1836 the Synod chose him to be editor of a contemplated magazine, which first appeared in March following as The Reformed Presbyterian, and which he conducted, with the exception of a single year, until it reached the middle of the eighteenth volume. In 1848, on account of ill health, he resigned the editorship, and the next year took charge of the literary institution in Allegheny, Pa., which he retained until nearly the time of his death (July 3, 1854). See Sprague, Annals of the Amer. Pulpit, 9, 79.