Roll Molding

Roll molding.

This term has been popularly, but very incorrectly, given to a molding much used in Decorated and late Early English work, especially in strings and dripstones. Its varieties are numerous, and though some of them bear resemblance to a roll of parchment, others are very different. Some of these varieties, in which the square fillet is more decidedly marked, have been called the "roll and fillet molding." It is sometimes called the scroll molding, from its resemblance to a scroll of paper or parchment with the edge overlapping. The name of roll molding is often applied to the common round, or bowtell.

Topical Outlines Nave's Bible Topics International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Online King James Bible King James Dictionary

Verse reference tagging and popups powered by VerseClick™.