Robinson, John (3), Dd
Robinson, John (3), D.D., a Presbyterian minister, was born in Mecklenburg County, N.C., Jan. 8, 1768. His college course was pursued at Winnsborough, S.C. He studied under the care of the Orange Presbytery, was licensed to preach April 4, 1793, and was by the presbytery directed to visit Dupin County, where he remained seven years. In 1800 he became minister of the Church in Fayetteville, but removed in 1801 to Poplar Tent. In 1806 he was induced to return to Fayetteville, where he resumed pastoral labors and his classical school. In December, 1818, he returned to Poplar Tent, where he passed the rest of his life, dying Dec. 14, 1843. Dr. Robinson was a man of consistent and elevated piety, large benevolence, firmness of purpose, courage, and punctuality. He published a Eulogy on Washington. See Sprague, Annals of the Amer. Pulpit, 4, 113.