Ramsay, James P
Ramsay, James P.
a Presbyterian minister, was born near Canonsburg, Pa., Aug. 26, 1809. He graduated from Jefferson College, Canonsburg, Pa., in 1827; prosecuted the study of theology under his venerated father, then sole professor in the Theological Seminary of the Associate Church; was licensed to preach Aug. 27. 1833, by the Presbytery of Chartiers, and was ordained and installed pastor of the congregation of Deer Creek, New Bedford, Lawrence Co., Pa., July 1, 1835, by the Associate Presbytery of Ohio. For about twentytwo years he continued faithfully testifying the Gospel of the grace of God among this people. But, his health failing, he subsequently located himself in New Wilmington, and for a time exercised his ministry there. He died Jan. 30, 1862. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1863, p. 362. (J. L. S.)