Patience is that calm and unruffled temper with which a good man bears the evils of life. We have set before us in the Scriptures the most powerful motives to excite us to the attainment of this grace:
(1) God is a God of patience (Ro 15:5).
(2) It is enjoined by the Gospel (Ro 12:12).
(3) The present state of man renders the practice of it absolutely necessary (Heb 10:36).
(4) Eminent examples of it are presented for our encouragement (Job 1:22; Heb 12:2).
(5) Lastly, we are to remember that all our trials.borne with patience will terminate in, triumph (Ro 2:7; Jas 5:7-8).