Parsons, Levi, Dd
Parsons, Levi, D.D.
a Presbyterian minister, was born at Northampton, Massachusetts, August 20, 1779; graduated from Williams College in 1801; subsequently spent two years as tutor, and trained for the ministry under Dr. Hyde of Massachusetts. He was licensed in 1807, and the same year became pastor of the Church in Marcellus, N.Y., where he remained twenty-six years. He then supplied Tully for one year, and Otisco for another; next went to his former charge in Marcellus, held it six years longer, and then spent the remainder of his ministry with the Third Church in Marcellus, and at Borodino. He died November 20, 1864. See Mears, Presbyterianism in Central New York, page 628.