Parkison, Christopher a minister of the Methodist Episcopal Church, was born Oct. 18, 1797, in Cecil County, Maryland. The only information we have of his early religious life is that he was converted to God and united with the Methodist Episcopal Church at the "Old Bethel Church," within the bounds of what is now the Wilmington Conference. In 1829 he was received on trial in the Baltimore Conference, and appointed to Lancaster Circuit. Thereafter the following were his successive fields of labor, viz. 1830, Clearspring; 1831, Springfield; 1832, Christiansbturg;. — 1333, Monroe; 1834, Fairfax; 1835, Westmoreland; 1836, Ebenezezr; 1837-38, Cumberland; 1839, superannuated; 1840, Mission to colored people in Anne: Arundel Co., Md:.; 1841. West River; 1842, Woodstock; 1843, Augusta: 1844-45, Springfield; 1846-47, South Branch; 1848, Havre de Grace; 1849, Patapsco; 1850-51, Bath; 1852, Wardensville; 1853-54, Woodberry; 1855, Hancock; 1856, Boonsborough; 1857, supernumerary; 1858-59, Lost River; 1860-61, Charles; 1862, Bladensburg; 1863, Baltimore Circuit; 1864, St. Mary's. In 1865 he took a superannuated relation. He died April 10, 1867. Christopher Parkison was appreciated most by those who knew him best. His piety was earnest and consistent. "Intellectually he deserved to be ranked with the strong men of the Church. His mind, naturally clear and vigorous, was cultivated by habitual reading and much thought. He was a diligent student of the Scriptures, bringing out of the sacred treasury things new and old. His sermons were able expositions of the Gospel of Christ; less ornate than convincing, commending him as the messenger of truth to every man's conscience in the sight of God."' See Minutes of the Annual Conferences, 1869.