Napoli (or Nauplia or Nabulus), a city of Palestine, supposed to be the ancient SHECHEX (now Nablus), and situated about thirty miles north of Jerusalem, is noted in ecclesiastical history as the seat of a Church council held there in 1120, which was convoked by the patriarch Guermondus and king Baldwin, and was attended by ten prelates and several distinguished secular princes. The canons published by this council are lost. Its object was reform in the Church. See Labbe, Concil. 10:884.