Mulson, John a Presbyterian minister, was born in New Jersey in 1783. But little is known of his early history, save that in 1808 the family removed west of the Alleghany Mountains, and settled near Greensburg, Westmoreland Co., Pa. In the academy of that place he received a fair education; studied theology privately; was licensed and ordained in 1817; and in 1818 installed pastor of the congregations of Plain Grove and Centre, Pennsylvania. In 1838 he was relieved from the former, and gave all his attention to the latter charge, where he labored till 1859, when he resigned. He subsequently removed to London, Mercer County, Pennsylvania, where he died, December 18, 1866. Mr. Munson was a man of superior intellect. He was a great reader, especially of standard works, such as Bates, Edwards, etc. As a theologian he was able, being familiar with all the great questions in controversy between the Calvinists and Arminians. His preaching was mostly textual. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1867, page 183.