Moss, Charles an Anglican prelate of some note, nephew of the following, flourished in the second half of the last century. He was educated at Caius College, Oxford, where he was afterwards fellow, and entered holy orders about the middle of last century. After filling many important livings, among them the rectory of St. James's and St. George's, London, the archdeaconry of Colchester, etc., he was finally elevated to the episcopate in 1766, and appointed to the see of St. David's, from which he was transferred to the see of Bath and Wells in 1774. He died in 1802. He wrote, Evidence of the
Resurrection Cleared (Lond. 1744 and 1749, 8vo); and published many of his sermons in several series (Lond. 1750, 4to; 1756, 4to; 1764, 4to; 1769, 8vo; 1769, 4to; 1772, 4to; 1776, 4to). A son of his, of like name, also figured prominently in the Church. He was bishop of Oxford from 1807 until his death in 1811. He published only a Fast Sermon (Lond. 1798, 4to).