Mclain, John a Presbyterian minister, was born near Bloomingsburg, Ohio, April 2, 1824; was educated at the South Salem Academy, Ohio, and studied theology with Dr. Carothers and Rev. H. S. Fullerton, and for a short time at the Western Theological Seminary Alleghany City, Pa.; was licensed in 1852, and ordained in 1853, as pastor of Harmony Church. During the last few years of his life he was connected with the Western Reserve Presbytery, and was a commissioner from that presbytery to the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church, which met at Columbus, Ohio, in 1862. He died June 24, 1862. Mr. McLain was a man of indomitable energy, great zeal, and geniality of spirit. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1863, p. 193.