McKinney, David D.D., a Presbyterian minister, was born in Mifflin County, Pa., Oct. 22,1795. He was educated at Jefferson College (class of 1821); then studied theology at the school of divinity at Princeton, N. J.; was licensed to preach by the Presbytery of Philadelphia in April, 1824, and ordained and installed at Erie, Pa., in May, 1825. In 1835 he removed to the bounds of the Presbytery of Huntingdon, and took charge of the churches at Sinking Creek and Spring; in 1841 he was transferred to Hollidaysburg, in the same presbytery. In 1852, having severed his pastoral relations, Dr. McKinney removed to Philadelphia, and there established the Presbyteriann Banner. In 1855 he removed the office of publication to Pittsburg, and there submerged in it the interests of the Presbyterian Advocate. He sold the paper in 1864, to become librarian and treasurer for the Board of Colportage of the Synods of Pittsburg and Alleghany, and this position he filled until the time of his decease. Dr. McKinney was a private partner, and at one time in connection with the editorial staff of the Northwestern Presbyterian Banner. He died May 28, 1873.