McBride, Matthew a Presbyterian minister, was born in Philadelphia April 27, 1830; graduated at the University of Pennsylvania in 1851, and studied in the Theological Seminary of the Reformed Presbyterian Church; was licensed in 1855 by the Philadelphia Presbytery, and became a pastor in Mount Vernon, Iowa, where he remained until 1861, when, compelled by impaired health to resign, he returned to Philadelphia. He next became editor and proprietor of The Banner of the Covenant, which he conducted with great acceptance to the Church until his death, May 13, 1863. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1864.