Massoch, Stephen C, Dd
Massoch, Stephen C., D.D.
a Protestant Episcopal clergyman, first appears in the records as a missionary in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1857, and remained there until 1859, when he was appointed to the "Mission of the North-west," which was then under the jurisdiction of Joseph C. Talbot, D.D., missionary bishop. Dr. Massoch was especially to minister to the Germans and Bohemians in Osage, Nebraska. Shortly after, he removed to Arago, devoting himself to the same work, and remained in this sphere of labor until 1866, when he removed to Baltimore, Maryland. In 1868 he was a resident of Covington, Kentucky. He died May 30, 1870. See Prot. Episc. Almanac, 1871, page 118.