Marlow, Michael a Church of England divine, was born near London, in November 1758. He was educated at Merchant Taylor's School, from which he was elected to a scholarship at St. John's College in the eighteenth year of his age. He was admitted actual fellow in 1779; took the degree of B.A. April 5, 1780; that of M.A. February 11, 1784; and became B.D. in April, 1789, being the vicar of St. Giles's, in the suburbs of Oxford, and tutor of the college. In March 1795, he was unanimously elected president of St. John's, and presented by the society to the rectory at Handborough, near Woodstock. He took the degree of D.D. on March 24 of the same year; served the office of vice-chancellor of the university during four years, viz. from Michaelmas term, 1798, to the same term, 1802; and was preferred to the prebendal stall of Canterbury in 1808. He was nominated one of the select preachers of the university in 1805, and again in 1817; was likewise a delegate of accounts, one of the commissioners of sewers, and curator of the Sheldonian Theatre. He died February 16, 1828. See (Lond.) Annual Register, 1828, page 222.