Madmann'nah (Hebrew Madmannah', מִדמִנָּה, dunghill; Sept. Μεδεμηνά and Μαδμηνά, v. r. Μαχαρίμ and Βέδ; Vulg. Medemena and hadnmena), a town in the extreme south of Judah (Jos 15:31, where it is mentioned between Ziklag and Sansannah), hence included in the territory afterwards assigned to Simeon. From 1Ch 2:49, it appears to have been founded or, rather, occupied by Shaaph (or perhaps by a son of his whose name it bore), the son of Caleb's concubine Maachah. Eusebius and Jerome identify it with a town of their time called Menoïs (Μηνωϊvς), near the city of Gaza (Onomnast. p. 89). SEE MADMENAH. Instead of Madmannah and Sansannah of Jos 15:31, the parallel passage (Jos 19:5; comp. 1Ch 4:31), enumerating the Simeonitish cities, has BETH-MARCABOTH and Hazar-susim, probably the same respectively (Keil's Joshua, ad loc.). Schwarz thinks (Palestine, p. 101) that it was the Levitical city Mandah, in which, according to the "Book of Jasher," Simeon was buried; but this locality is wholly apocryphal. The first stage southward from Gaza is now el-Minyây (Robinson, Researches, 1:563), which, in default of a better, is suggested by Kiepert (in his Map, 1856) as the modern representative of Menois, and therefore of Madmannah.' A more plausible identification, however, is that of Van de Velde (Travels, 2:130) of the modern ruined village Mirkihb, west of the south end of the Dead Sea, as a representative of the ancient Beth-marcaboth.