Macurdy Elisha Presbyterian minister, was born in Carlisle, Pa., Oct. 15, 1763; was educated at the Academy of Cannonsburg. and was licensed by the Presbytery of Ohio about 1799. His first labors were as a missionary in the regions bordering on Lake Erie. In June, 1800, he was ordained and installed pastor of the united congregations of Cross Roads and Three Springs. During this connection he had an important agency in the revival in Western Pennsylvania, and was one of those who formed the "Western Miss. Society." In 1823 he went on a mission to Maumee, and on his return was obliged, from ill health, to resign his charge of the church of Three Springs, and to confine himself to that of Cross Roads. He died July 22, 1845. See Sprague, Annals, 4:241.