Luke an Irish prelate, was dean of St. Martin le Grand, London, and treasurer of the king's wardrobe. He was elected to the see of Dublin, and obtained the royal confirmation, December 13, 1228. His election was set aside at Rome as not being canonical, and he was reelected, but not confirmed by the pope until 1230. About 1237 he improved the buildings of Christ's Church, and endowed that of St. John, without the New Gate, with two burgages and six acres of land in St. Kevin's parish. In 1240 he granted to the vicars serving mass at the altar of the Blessed Virgin, in St. Patrick's Cathedral, a certain portion of the revenues of the Church of Alderg. In 1247 archbishop Luke made an act for the purpose of enforcing the residence of the prebendaries of St. Patrick's Cathedral. In the following year he made the Church of Larabrien a prebend of the same cathedral. He died in December 1255. See D'Alton, Memoirs of the Archbishops of Dublin, page 90.