Loundres, Henry De
Loundres, Henry De an Irish prelate, previously archdeacon of Stafford, succeeded to the see of Dublin in 1213. In July of the same year he was appointed lord-justice of Ireland, where he continued until 1215. He was present, June 15 of that year, in England, when the king executed the Magna Charta at Runnymede. In 1216 king John conferred upon archbishop de Loundres and his successors the manor of Timothan, to which, in 1217 and 1225, various other grants were annexed. During the time this prelate presided over the see of Dublin, he erected the collegiate Church of St. Patrick into a cathedral. He constituted William Fitz-Guy the first dean, and appointed a precentor, chancellor, and treasurer, to whom he allotted lands and rectories. He died in July, 1228. See D'Alton, Memoirs of the Archbishops of Dublin, page 79.