Linn, James, Dd
Linn, James, D.D.
a Presbyterian minister, was born in Sherman's Valley (now Perry County), Pennsylvania, September 4, 1783. He graduated at Dickinson College in 1805, and studied theology with Dr. Williams. He was licensed to preach by the Presbytery of Carlisle, September 27, 1809, visited the congregations of Spruce Creek and Sinking Valley, and was ordained pastor in 1810. He was called to take charge of the churches of Bellefonte and Lick Run, but in 1839 was released from the latter, that lhe might give his whole time to the former. In 1861 Reverend J.H. Barnard was appointed co-pastor. Dr. Linn died at Bellefonte, February 23, 1868. See Presbyterian, March 14, 1868. (W.P.S.)