Keys, John a Presbyterian minister of English descent, was born at Wilton, N. H., in 1778. He graduated at Dartmouth College, Hanover, N.H., in 1803, and afterwards taught school for several years. He studied 'theology at Morristown, N. J., under James Richards, D.D.; was licensed in 1805, and in 1807 ordained by the New York Presbytery at Orangedale, N. J., and in 1808 installed pastor of the Church at Sand Lake, near Albany, N.Y. In 1814 he accepted a call from the Congregational Church of Wolcott, Conn.; in 1824 removed to Tallmadge, Ohio, as pastor of a Congregational Church, and afterwards preached successively at Dover, Newburg, Ohio; at Peoria, Ill.; at St. Louis, Mo.; and at Cedar Rapids and Elkader, Iowa. At last he returned to Dover, Ohio, where he died January 27,1867. Mr.Keys was an industrious student. As a preacher he took the greatest delight in his work; as a Christian he had great faith in the power of special prayer. See Wilson, Presb. Historical Almanac, 1868, p. 216.. (J. L. S.).