Kenney, Pardon T
Kenney, Pardon T., a Methodist Episcopal minister, was born in New Bedford, Mass., Sept. 5, 1810. He embraced religion at the tender age of seven, but gradually became indifferent to its personal enjoyment until his nineteenth year, when he was restored to the divine favor. He was licensed to preach in 1830; entered Wilbraham Academy, and in 1832 Middletown University. In 1833 he joined the New England Conference, was appointed to Thompson Circuit; 1834, Hebron; 1835, East Windsor; 1836, Mystic; 1837, North Norwich; 1838-39, Chicopee Falls; 1840-41, Willimantic; 1842, located; 1844, readmitted and sent to Manchester; 1845-46, Mystic Bridge; 1847, Westerly Mission; 1848, Falmouth; 1849, East Harwich; 1850-51, Provincetown Centre; 1852-55, Sandwich District; 1856-57, North Manchester; 1858-59, Stafford Springs; 1860-61, Allen Street, New Bedford; 1862-65, Sandwich District; 1866 -68, New London District. In 1869 he removed to Nebraska City, Neb., and started a school, with the prospect of its becoming a Conference Seminary, but died shortly after, Nov. 11, 1869. As a preacher, he was eminently practical, lucid, fervent, and spiritual, and his labors were attended with success. As a presiding elder, his executive ability gave general satisfaction. Minutes of Conferences, 1871, p. 72.