Ho'sah (Heb. Chosah', חֹסָה , refuge; Sept. ᾿Ωσά, ῾Ωσά, and ᾿Ωσηέ), the name of a place and also of a man.
1. A place on the border of the tribe of Asher, at a point where the line turned from the direction of Tyre to its terminus on the Mediterranean, in the direction of Achzib (Jos 19:29). It is possibly the same with the modern village el-Ghazieh, a little south of Zidon; notwithstanding the objection of Schwarz (who thinks this too far north, and prefers a village called el-Bussah, a little north of Eczib, Palest. p. 194), since it is uncertain which way the boundary is here described as running, and the account is a good deal involved. Van de Velde proposes to identify it with el-Kauzah, "a village with traces of antiquity near wady el-Ain" (Memoir, p. 322), the Kauzih of Robinson (new Researches, p. 61, 62); but to this Keil objects (Comment. on Joshua ad loc.) that "the situation does not suit in this connection," although it lies very near Ramah, and in the direction from Tyre towards Achzib. SEE ELKOSH.
2. A Levite of the family of Merari, who, with thirteen of his relatives, was appointed by David porter of the gate Shallecheth, on the west side of the Temple (1Ch 16:38; 1Ch 26:10-11,16). B.C. 1014.