Good Sons, Order of
Good Sons, Order Of a religious congregation of the third order of St. Francis, was founded in 1615, at Armantieres, a small town in Flanders, by five pious artisans. In 1626 they adopted the third rule of St. Francis. The order progressed gradually, and in 1670 consisted of two congregations, that of Lisle being added to the first one formed. Shortly after a third was formed at St. Omei, and Louis XIV gave them the direction of various public hospitals. They practiced great austerity, and used the discipline of the scourge three times a week.