Ghase one of the three kinds of Mohammedan ablutions. Three rules are observed in its performance:
1. Those who do it must resolve to please God.
2. The body must be thoroughly cleansed.
3. The water must touch the whole skin, and all the hair of the body. The sonna (q.v.) requires five additional circumstances: 1. That the Bismillah (q.v.) be recited.
2. That the palms of the hands be washed before the vessels are emptied in the washing-place.
3. That before the prayers some lustration should be made with peculiar ceremonies.
4. That to cleanse the surface of the body the skin should be rubbed with the hand.
5. That all this be continued to the end of the ablution.