In the Quarterly Statement of the "Palest. Explor. Fund," October 1880, page 211 sq., there is an extended paper on the site of this important city, which Mr. Trelawney Saunders strongly argues was located at Khurbah Abu-Gheith, at the head of Wady el-Hesy (here called el-Muleshah), which falls into the Mediterranean between Gaza and Hebron; whereas Lieut. Conder gives substantial reasons for rejecting this location, and in favor of Tell es-Safieh, the Blanche-Garde of the Crusaders. This place is described in the Memoirs accompanying the Ordnance Survey (3:440).