Esora (Judith 4:4) is thought by Lieut. Conder (Tent Work in Palest. 2:336; comp. Quar. Statement of the "Pal. Explor. Fund," January 1881, page 52) to be the present "village Asireh, north of Shechem," meaning, doubtless, what is laid down on the Ordnance Map as Asiret el-Hatob, three miles north of Nablus, but not noticed in the Memoirs accompanying the Survey.