Eltekeh Lieut. Conder suggests (Tent Work in Palest. 2:336; see Quar. Statement of "Palest. Explor. Fund," January 1881, page 51) that this is the present Beit Likia, which is laid down on the Ordinance Mapone and three quarter miles south-west of Beit-ur elTahta (Lower Bethhoron), and described in the Memoirs to the Survey (3:16) as "a small village on a main road at the foot of the hills, supplied by cisterns; with ancient foundations among the houses;" and in this identification Tristram concurs (Bible Places, page 51).