Cunison (or Cunisone), the family name of several Scotch clergymen:
1. ALEXANDER, son of John (2), was called to the living at Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon in 1706, and ordained in 1707. He was bitten by a mad dog, and caused himself to be bled to death, November 15, 1717. See Fasti Eccles. Scoticanae, 3:84.
2. JOHN (1), born at Dunkeld, took his degree at the University of St. Andrews in 1615; was presented to the living at Dull in 1624; and died before January 4, 1682, aged about eighty-six years. See Fasti Eccles. Scoticanae, 2:818.
3. JOHN (2), took his degree at the University of St. Andrews in 1644; was. admitted to the living at Killin before 1650; transferred to Kilbride, Arran, in 1655; deprived by act of Parliament in 1662; returned to the living in 1687; was restored by act of Parliament in 1690; was a member of the General Assembly the same year; transferred to Killean and Kilchenzie in 1692; resigned on account of old age in 1697, but lived in Killean till his death. See Fasti Eccles. Scoticanae 2:824; 3:41, 45.
4. JOHN (3), took his degree at the University of St. Andrews in 1676; was admitted to the living at Dull in 1682; and died in August 1693, aged about fifty-eight years. See Fasti Eccles. Scoticanae, 2:818.