Cooper, William H, Dd
Cooper, William H., D.D.
a Presbyterian minister, was born at Pittstown, N.Y., June 27, 1808. He studied for a time under Reverend C. Bogardus, and finished his preparatory course at the New Brunswick Classical School. He graduated from Rutgers College, N.J., in 1830, and entered the theological seminary there, where he remained two years. He was ordained by the Presbytery of Onondaga, and installed pastor of the Church of Wampsville, N.Y., November 23, 1833. After ministering to this church twenty-four years, he was called to the pastorate of the United Presbyterian churches of Belleport and South Haven, Suffolk County, N.Y., where he was installed September 23, 1856. He died at Parsippany, N.J., February 24, 1880. Dr. Cooper was eminently a preacher and a pastor; a faithful member of the presbytery and synod, and several times represented his presbytery in the general assembly. See N.Y. Observer, March 11, 1880. (W.P.S.)